Doli-Barat: AJRAKH BANDHEJ PREMIUM MODAL SILK DUPATTA
- Free Shipping All Over India on Purchase Of 1000 & Above.
- For International order shipping is calculated on the checkout page.
- We ship you order in 2-3 days except in case public holidays.
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
Raag: Rhythm of earth, sky & water.
Ajrak is the name of a block printing technique.Cloth with deep crimson red and indigo blue background, bearing symmetrical patterns with interspersed unprinted sparkling white motifs. An ancient craft, the history of the Ajrak can be traced back to the civilizations of the Indus Valley that existed around 2500 BC-1500 BC.
The term “Ajrak”, may be derived from “Azrak”, meaning blue in Arabic, as blue happens to be one of the principal colours in Ajrak printing. More than a fabric, Ajrak is a Sindhi tradition; found in daily usages such as hammocks and bedsheets to dupattas, scarves, and even gifts as a token of respect. The highly valued Ajrak has also been made for the Maldharis or cattle herders’ communities since the time Khatris migrated from Sindh in the 16th century. The Khatri community, whose name means “one who fills or changes colours,” printed cloth with the locally available natural dyes.
Material: Handblock printed modal silk ajrakh - Bandhej shawl accessorised with tassels.
Length : 2.50 meter
Width: 45 Inch
Origin: Kutch, Gujrat
Wash care: Dry clean only!!
Note: It’s a handmade product so there may be some irregularities due to involvement of human hand but this enhance the beauty of handmade and give a personal touch of a artist.
Happy handmade to you!!
1. Shipping is charged 150/- for order under 1000/-
2. Shipping is free all over India on order of 1000 & above.
1. Shipping is chargeable for international orders, shipping is calculated at checkout on the basis of weight and shipping location.
Note: Shipping cost is non- refundable.
1. First wash dry clean only or hand wash with mild detergent with cold water and dry in shade inside out.
2. Do not soak in water for long time, wash separately.
3. for any specific craft on saree, we recommend dry clean only.
1. For pure silk & silk-cotton materials dry clean only.
1. All products on this website is hand woven and hand crafted so please store it in cotton cloth/ cotton bag
2. Please air the saris in every six months
3. Do not use harsh detergent or washing powders for handmade products.
1. We click our photos in natural light so that the product depicted on the website is closest to how it looks in reality. However, there are times when the camera lens cannot match the perspective of an eye and thus slight colour difference seen in the product is unavoidable. Some products and colours also tend to look slightly brighter in photos as the camera lens always highlights certain colours more.
2. Also, our products are truly handcrafted and hand done. Slight irregularities in motifs, texture, and colour are a part and parcel of handcrafted products and lend character to it. Please also understand that unlike chemical dyed and digital printed products, handcrafted products are not mass manufactured but Infact made in batches. Thus slight variation in colour, shade, motif in each batch produced is natural due to the human involvement in the process.
3. However, if the product has a genuine quality/manufacturing defect then we are open to extending full refund or re-fulfilling your order.